The overall content of Points of You™ training programs is outlined below. POY can also be adapted to your existing organizational coaching, team-building, leadership development and complex problem-solving programs – making them more authentic and effective. Points of You™ programs can be facilitated by certified POY trainers or through your organization’s facilitators.
- The Problem: Managers are overworked. They don’t have sufficient time available to coach and make a difference.
- The Solution: POY’s use of evocative photos, relevant life topics and inspiring stories engage both hemispheres of the brain to achieve maximum results in short chunks of time.
Program duration : 2 days
- Essential coaching skills (motivating, listening, questioning, giving & receiving feedback)
- Using POY cards in coaching situations
- Using the POY Coaching Book & questions
- The POY coaching process
- Using POY Coaching Notes to take action action
- The Problem: Existing leadership programs fail to help potential leaders understand what drives them; what evokes their passions related to being a leader. This creates blockages.
- The Solution: POY connects leaders to their authentic selves. POY helps them identify obstacles, establish their defining moments and recognize the people who inspired them. Blockages are cleared – defining their bona fide leadership purpose.
Program duration : 2 days
- Points of You TM and authentic leadership
- POY & helping each participant tell her authentic life story
- POY and identifying one’s real values
- POY and identifying one’s proudest moment
- POY and discovering one’s defining leadership moment and purpose
- The Problem: Teams that don’t engage in authentic conversations to identify and resolve their issues will never perform at a high level. This cost themselves and their organizations dearly.
- The Solution: POY’s use of evocative photos and relevant business topics initiates authentic conversations based on the team’s real issues. This lays a foundation of trust. Open and lively debate takes place. Commitment, accountability and RESULTS are achieved.
Program duration : 1-2 days
- The differences between a group and a team
- Common team dysfunctions
- Using POY elements to encourage authentic dialogue around real team issues
- The POY Team Mosaic
- Using POY to obtain individual commitments to take actions
- The Problem: Traditional brainstorming sessions just don’t cut it anymore. Teams need new skills, methods and processes to tackle ambiguous and intricate challenges .
- The Solution: POY is a modern tool that brings authenticity to addressing each of the three main stages of problem-solving: problem identification, idea generation and solution implementation. This is invaluable in helping teams, individuals and organizations identify and resolve complex issues.
Program duration : 2-3 days
- Essential problem-solving skills
- Common barriers to effective problem-solving
- POY and problem identification
- POY and idea generation
- POY and overcoming common obstacles to taking action
Train The Trainer
1-Day Program: A one-day program is available for professional coaches that reviews the fundamental aspects of POY (history, neuroscience and photo-therapy tie-in), kit review (layout charts, cards, book, action booklet), the 5 POY series, the 4 stages of POY, various uses of the cards, etc.